Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Get Caught in Leather Weather

Philip Lim | J. Mendel | Jen Kao all A/W 2013

twitter | instagram | youtube

I love the fashion that Fall brings: the boots, the coats, the hats, the leather - my God, the leather. It was on S/S 2013 runways, found its way into A/W 2013 collections and although it has been an A/W trend since humans started living in caves, this year did show us something new. From leather peplum tops to leather 5-panel hats and even leather jogging pants (thank you Kanye), leather pieces did not disappoint.

Personally, I bought a pair of faux leather shorteralls online this summer and only wore them once. Leather in the Texan summer? I'll pass. It's wrong, like orange juice in your cereal wrong. Thankfully it's Fall now and I cannot get enough of leather. I even bought a leather tote (I had to, it's reversible!). Check out these outfits I created for some inspiration on how to wear your leather.

Look like a street-wise, city girl in head to toe leather. Remember to keep the color palate dark but feel free to not wear all black. A girl like you wants to stand out against the cityscape not blend in.

Keep it femme-sporty in a printed sweatshirt and leather jogging pants. You can wear a pair of black boots or your favorite sneakers (like these Nike Air Dunks).


Flex your trendy muscle and pair hot trend items like this dark floral print shirt and oxblood colored skirt. Up the trendy factor by adding a bowler hat and menswear inspired shoes.

Comment below and let me know how you'll be rocking your leather this A/W!



1 comment: